Managing your Account and Profile
Managing Your Profile
To edit and update the information in your user profile, go to your Member Home (from the dashboard) and click the "Edit my profile" link.
Your profile information includes:
- name, Writing Project site, and any other professional affiliation you want to highlight
- contact information, which is private and will only be seen by site administrators
- links to any external web sites, like a blog or a twitter account
- a brief “bio” or description of your work.
Your name and bio are required; all other fields are optional.
Your Profile versus Member Home
Your Profile is what other community members can see about you.
The Member Home page is your homebase for seeing your activity within Digital Is.
You have the following action options from your Member Home:
- My posts
- Discussions about my resources
- My feedback requests
- My bookmarks
- Read and send messages
- My profile
- Edit my account
- Edit my profile
Managing Your Account Information
To access and edit your account information, go to your Member Home (from the dashboard) and click the "Edit my account" link.
Your account information includes:
- your username, password, and email address
- your avatar, or user photo
- your comment notification settings.
Notification and Conversations
You can choose to receive email notifications on Discussions and, if you are a Resource Creator, on Feedback Requests.
The defaults can be set on your account page, and you can choose different settings when you add a comment to an ongoing discussion thread.
You can also track relevant conversations when you are logged in to the site by going to Member Home/Read my posts.